When it comes to my skin, I believe in natural ingredients. In this new era of overwhelmingly big number of expensive beauty products, I stick to natural ingredients. In order to nourish your skin and make it dewy, put organic, sulfate-free products on your face and you will soon feel the difference. Check out some beauty hacks I always use to get that summer glow:
1. Drink water: I know, you probably see this every time you google anything, but it does work! Water hydrates you and keeps your skin moisturized and fresh. Aim for 8 glasses a day, but don't push it - if your body needs 6, then 6 it is. I love to throw some lemon into my water to add some flavor and freshness in addition to million other benefits of lemon.
2. Watch your diet: You are what you eat, so start eating glowing unicorns. Eat the rainbow - incorporate colorful foods into your diet, mainly fruits and veggies. Your skin will thank you.
3. Exfoliate lips: This is especially helpful during colder months when lips get dry. Mix 1 teaspoon honey with 0.5 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp brown sugar and massage your lips for 30 seconds. Leave for another 2-3 minutes and thank me later.
4. Become best friends with Tea Tree Oil: Honestly, I've never used any other products to combat blemishes or redness on my skin. This is a universal oil that I basically use for anything (mosquito bites, cuts) but mainly I use this on my face when my skin breaks out. Try it and you'll never want to use anything else.
5. Wear less makeup: Doesn't matter if you're using the best quality foundation, it still clogs your pores and doesn't let your skin breathe. I know, it's hard to skip this magical elixir that makes your skin photo-brushed, but letting your skin to breath once in a while and wiping your makeup off first thing when you get home makes a hell lot of difference. If you need to put something, just put moisturizer and a drop of foundation exactly where you need it (to cover that redness around the nose, for example).